I use a variety of mixed media, including earth form the landscape, sand, chalk, pigment, oil and Gesso.
My paintings vary from large format on canvas, some on board and some smaller work.
The paintings pay homage to precious details; the shadow cast from a low winter sun, a slight aspect or marker in a horizon line. Gems found in light, form and colour. My paintings give me freedom to describe and amalgamate these observations.
The aesthetic is formed in a conflict between endeavouring to articulate these observations, and allowing the painting to lead me, to build itself layer over layer.
I am constantly surprised. I feel I would not be able to produce my work again, every painting is an exploration of space, light, colour and a shifting horizon.
- Foundation Course Epsom College Of Art – 1971-1972
- Fine Art Hammersmith College Of Art – 1972-1975
- Fine Art (Painting) Degree, Upper Second. Kent Institute Of Art At Canterbury. 1991-1994. Studied Under Peter Peterson, Ray Atkins, John Wonnacott and Peter Doig.
- Invited for interview at the Slade in 1994
- Herbert Reed Gallery – 1994
- Fresh Art – 1994
- The Drew Gallery – 1994
- Hermitage Gallery, Jimena De La Frontera – 1999
- La Barbesula Soto Grande Gallery – 2000
- Hermitage Gallery Jimena De La Frontera – 2002
- The Gallery, Totnes – 2003
- Devon Open Studios – 2005 – 2008
- Brick Lane Gallery London – 2009
- Exeter Contemporary Open 2011
- The Art Room Topsham 2012
- Teignmouth Ardvark 2014
- North St Gallery Ashburton Devon May 2015
- Arlington Arts Centre Feb 2016